Wednesday, October 13, 2010

stand tall molly lou marigold

The marigolds look a little battered, but I still see an occasional bee or butterfly/moth hovering about them, so I'm leaving them a bit longer. In the background is a mound of mulched leaves which I'm spreading on the gooseberry/blackberry/rhubarb/blueberry bed.
I took out the pepper plants and picked off the last wee jalapenos - we put them on our enchiladas last night. And yes, I do touch people's food with my dry, wrinkly old-lady-hand-lady hands. I have a bundle of jalapenos still to freeze and I need to will myself to take the time to use my wizened hands to chop them and put them in freezer bags and label them and, finally, to put them in the freezer. I will thank myself in February and March whenever I make chili.
And by the bye, my kids are too old for it now, but I've always loved Stand Tall, Molly Lou Melon.

No comments:

Post a Comment